Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let it be known...

Let it be known that I have the best parents in the whole wide world!  They came to my rescue today when they didn't have to and I am exceedingly grateful.  They are the best, seriously.

Ok, back to my 30 Before 30.  Apparently, there are a lot of places that I want to visit in my next 4 years.  So we are finishing up that and then moving onward.  I now present #s 11-15.

11. Go to Harry Potter World.
Does this even need any explanation?  Growing up near Orlando has given me a healthy dislike for theme parks, but I will make an exception for this one.  I need a wand and I want to drink butterbeer.  Don't judge. Accio broomstick!

12. Vegas.
I don't have a lot of interest in gambling although I am sure I could make the slot machine amateur circuit.  I just think I need to experience Las Vegas.  Is it bad that I primarily want to go for the people watching??

13. Go see 5 MLB teams play in their home stadiums.
Disclaimer: other than the Atlanta Braves.  I have been to Turner Field more times than I can count, but I have never been to any other field or stadium.  My plan is to combine this with visiting new states or my RV trip.  Justin is hoping that Yankee Stadium is part of this adventure.

Ok, done with the travel portion of this list. Moving on.

14. Create a list every year with smaller goals.
So, on February 26th (my birthday) expect to see a 27 Before 27 list with smaller goals.  I think I have a list problem.  I might need an intervention.  Or at least a 12 step program.

15. Plant a veggie garden.
This is going to be a big one.  Currently, I hold the title of Botany Angel of Death.  Part of what I do as the B.A.D. is wither and destroy any plant-like thing I come in contact with.  Or not even contact.  I just look at a plant and it turns brown.  However, I like veggies, especially fresh ones.  So, dangit, I will plant a veggie garden and it will live.  I am hoping positive thinking will help it grow; sort of like mind fertilizer if you will.  


#s 16-20 Coming Soon!

3 comments:

  1. 2 things- 1) people watching was easily one of the highlights of vegas and 2) a 12 step program is just another list

    Follow up--you better take me to harry potter world

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come to Harry Potter World with me, but you must ride the roller coasters.

    And too bad about the 12 steps being another list. I didn't even think of that. Oh well, I guess there are worse things to be addicted to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Amen to Eason's #2.

    If you'd like some company when you hit up Yankee Stadium.. let us know because I live with a very dedicated fan.

    ReplyDelete